Monday, January 30, 2006

I wail because this is a jail!








The thoughts of my head have me troubled
They affect my vision, making me walk wobbled

Looking at life, I thought there was only a happy and cheerful face
Now the coin is flipped, I see a serious case

Look, trouble on every side!
More bills to pay than the income can handle
The outcome is… my head burns and I melt like a candle

The pool of my eye is no more serene and calm
My heart drums mournful beats
But my legs can’t dance because they feel spaghetti weak

The door of hope is slammed shut
Making everywhere stifling hot

All I see are concrete walls
Walling me in and walling help out

Not even the wind is allowed to blow
For fear it will fan the embers of hope!

I wail because this is a jail!

Copyright ©2006 Alfred Iwerebor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com