Monday, January 16, 2006

You have to be lying, uncle!







When uncle told me that daddy had died,
I quickly suspected that he had lied

How could daddy die?
Perhaps uncle just wishes to see me cry!

If that’s the case, it surely was a good try
Phew! I almost fell for it like a wounded fly

But why is he looking solemn, as if it is not a lie?
I dislike this new image he is wearing, for it mirrors a bad guy!

Do people give up the ghost at Christmas season?
Maybe, but daddy loves life and is keen on living!

It’s three days uncle, call off this joke!
Or I will break your head with a bottle of Coke!
And leave you to drown in your own blood till you choke!

But wait a minute!
Uncle’s morals are polished and shiny as a soldier’s boot!

Could it be that daddy is really…?
Can’t be Freddy, don’t be silly!

It’s the seventh year since daddy was with us
But he will come around once he knows we’re now in Lagos!

I am waiting daddy,
Don’t delay too long buddy!

Don't worry, I won't accuse you of being late.
I will welcome you with a smile when you show up at the gate:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com