Thursday, March 09, 2006

Black and White Scenes


I see yet I fail to see

I see huge oil explorations but I fail to see the end of poverty

I see courthouses but I fail to see justice

I see religions but I fail to see changed lives

I see a Government but I fail to see leadership

I see PHCN officials roaming with ladders but I fail to see electricity

I see businesses everywhere but I fail to see employment

I see many calling themselves Christians but I fail to see Christ in them

I see workers everywhere but I fail to see dignified living conditions

I see the beating drums of democracy but I fail to see the masses dancing

I see a democracy but I fail to see democrats

I see policemen but I fail to see the end of insecurity

I see many tribes but I fail to see a nation

I see conductors but I fail to see order in busses

I see EFCC but I fail to see the disappearance of corruption

I see pupils going to school but I fail to see them coming out as students

I see those claiming to be of the religion of peace but I fail to see anything but terror and terrorists

I see young men and women but I fail to see a hotbed of ideas

I see universities but I fail to see research and development

I see a message crying out against denominationalism but I fail to see the unification of the “revealed” and the “non revealed” camps

I see an army of preachers preaching about the kingdom of God but I fail to see them stop building earthly empires

I see the ravages of STDs but I fail to see the end of ungodly fashion

I see great strides in the field of medicine but I also see great advances in the invention of weapons of mass destruction

I see religions holding up one book but I fail to see a unified interpretation of it’s content

I see people wearing watches but I fail to see them recognize the hour that they are living in

I see women dressed in men's clothing but I fail to see them any less prone to Satan's misquotes

I see a majority of Christians reading about the fiery judgment of Sodom and Gomorrah but I see only a minority being convinced about God’s hatred of homosexuality

I see huge amounts of money populating budget sheets but I fail to see improved infrastructure

I see religious houses everywhere but I fail to see a decline in the number of brothels and drinking pubs

I see many perishing in automobile accidents but I fail to see them avoid the use of cars

I see people cursing at a rainy weather but I fail to see them refrain from devouring fresh fruits and veggies

I see many who think that the world revolves around them but I fail to see the earth grind to a halt at their death

I see many who consider life to be a drama of tragedies but I fail to see them opt out of it's theatre

I see a lot of religious activities but I fail to see them translate to spiritual progress

I see packs of cigarettes threatening smokers with death but I fail to see them smoking any less

I see a stockpile of lethal weapons in national arsenals but I fail to see the death of the true enemy, Satan.

I see brides veiling their bodies to the altar but I fail to see those covers remain later

I see the sons of Ishmael eating rams but I fail to see them act gentle

I see lots of computers in the offices but I fail to see shorter working hours

I see the butcher of Baghdad out of office but I fail to see Iraq cease to be a slaughterhouse

I see a White House in Washington but I fail to see men without selfish ambitions

I see a United Nations Organization but fail to see unity or organization among the member nations

I see yet I fail to see
Author's comment:
We certainly live in a magical world of “the more you look, the less you see”
2:00am 05:03:06
Alfred Iwerebor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com